Our homes are our safe spaces. We live in them, eat, sleep, and house many of our possessions. Naturally, we want to ensure that our home is protected. A homeowner now has two options to pick from. They can either create their own home security system or opt for ADT home security. If you’re reading this, we’re going to make a case for which is better for you. Let’s get into and find out.
ADT Home Security – A Brief Overview
When it comes to protecting your home, ADT is a name that always comes up. If you’re looking for the best home security for homes, you get a lot of it with ADT. They offer different home security solutions, a range of packages, professional monitoring, and the best in class equipment.
An ADT home security system is made up of different components. These are:
· Sensors. You get door and window sensors, glass-break sensors, motion detectors, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and flood sensors.
· Panic Buttons. These are installed in case there is an intrusion and you want to sound the alarm yourself.
· Cameras. ADT cameras include both wired and wireless cameras. They have their own and can also work with third-party smart cameras.
· Smart home technology. An ADT home security is very modular and can have various smart home devices added to it for improved better home security.
The features that come with ADT home security systems include:
· Professional system installation
· 24/7 monitoring solutions
· Cloud backup solutions
· Remote system access
ADT Home Security Plans
If you want to sign up for an ADT security plan, there are several choices.
ADT Home Security Plan
Equipment Rental Fee*
One-Time Equipment Fee
· Intrusion detection
· Touch screen panel
· Voice control
· 24/7 monitoring
· Service and repair warranty
Starts at $9.98/mo
$599 at the start
· All the features of Secure
· Smart home automation
· Remote access
Starts at $15.32/mo
$919 at the start
· All the features of Smart
· Live HD video
· Video clip storage
Starts at $17.82/mo
$1069 at the start
It is worth noting that these equipment rental fees are for the standard equipment that comes with each package. If you add more sensors, cameras, and locks, the price could go up.
Interested in learning more about ADT? Get in touch with ADT customer service at 844-343-1168
DIY Security Explained
A do-it-yourself or DIY home security system is one that the home owner creates themselves. While these systems are created with professional assistance, they involved products and features from different sources.
With a DIY security system, here are the benefits of it:
· Home owners can generally install them, at their own pace and with little experience
· A home owner can create it exactly as they want with their preference of sensors, locks, and cameras etc.
However, a DIY home security system cannot compete with an ADT home security system in terms of:
· A DIY home security system doesn’t come with the professional monitoring that ADT offers.
· ADT home security systems are protected under warranty so if anything goes wrong, they can help you out.
· For customer support, you need to rely on the manufacturers customer service which can be a hit and miss. One of ADTs strongest selling features is its customer service.
ADT vs. DIY Security – Pros and Cons
We’ve simplified your decision to decide between the two with this table:
ADT Security Systems
· Experts in the field with a long history
· Long list of benefits and features
· Various smart home integrations for better security
· Requires professional installation for the best results.
DIY Security Systems
· Customer is in control of installation
· They can customize it to how they want it to be
· Lack of professional monitoring
· Security system not covered under warranty
· Lack of technical support if things go wrong
Picking the right home security system for your home is important. For the best overall home security solution, ADT is the way to go. The benefits of going with the seasoned professionals are worth the additional cost you may need to bear. In the long run, this investment will help protect you and your family, your home, and your prized possessions.